Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Digital Painting - Worked up from a drawing in a sketchbook

Hi again,

Last summer I was at Extreme Bean, a cool Tempe, Arizona coffee house — listening to some live jazz music with a friend — and of course we were sketching too.

A sketch of an ant "relaxing" with a cup o'joe and a smoke spilled outa my brain and into my sketchbook.

I always kinda liked the image and had the intent for ages to take it digital and "paint" it.

Sometimes things in my world move WAY slower than I ever imagine...but recently I took the image into Sketchbook Pro and worked it into a (hopefully) humorous illustration.

Along the way my ant character "lost" his smoking habit but gained a hottie female ant friend. I decided he needed to be an artist too. : )

Anyway...hope you like it!



-------------------------------------------------------

Here's a composite look at the original image and some of the steps I took to get to the final illustration



-------------------------------------------------------

And a close-up view of just "le-artiste".


-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for looking in!

----------------------------

Created using Sketchbook Pro and my trusty Wacom Intuos tablet.

----------------------------

Images: Copyright 2011, Jeff Curtis, All Rights Reserved

Please visit my site for more examples of my art and no one will get hurt:

JeffCurtisArt

---------------------------

Buy a poster, greeting card, or high quality print of this image on Fine Art America (with options to have it beautifully framed and matted).

Sell Art Online






No comments:

Post a Comment