Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More Photographs From Last Weekend


Twice I found myself headed up the Apache Trail east of Phoenix over the weekend

The road winds along the Superstition Mountains through old Apache Indian lands...and past historic gold mining camps complete with tales of old prospectors and legends of lost gold mines.

In spite of the oppressive 108 degree weather I'd gone out in search of adventure and brought along my Canon EOS 5D Mark II to document what I might find.

"Shadow Dweller" - Photography by Jephyr, 2012

Along the way I saw a Forest Service road sign indicating there was a "look-out" point for a natural monument called Weaver's Needle.

I took the turn, and found only one other car in the parking area...parked and then began a short but blistering hike up the trail.

About half way up I stopped in the only shade I found and saw a little prickly pear cactus hunkered down in the shade...and snapped the image above.

"Sky Weaver" - Photography by Jephyr, 2012

Later when I reached the end of the trail, I was amused to discover that you could barely see Weaver;s Needle from the lookout point.  (In the image above you can just see Weaver's Needle along the horizon just to the right of center)

But rather than get frustrated I decided to make the best of it and began to notice the beautiful sky and the desert "garden" of plants and cacti all around.

"The Witness" - Photography by Jephyr, 2012

Did I mentioned it was HOT?  With the exception of one lone vulture way off in the distance I didn't see another living thing.

At that point I felt a bit like a crazed desert rat!

Later, on the way back down I swung into the Goldfield Ghost Town and snapped several images of old vehicles abandoned in the desert sun.


"End Of The Road" - Photography by Jephyr, 2012

All in all, it was a pretty good day.

Thanks as always for stopping by!

---------------------

I just updated my digital art page on my web-site...feel free to have a look!!






No comments:

Post a Comment