Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The story behind my new Sketchbook Pro and Wacom Tablet digital painting.

If you're an artist you've probably heard about the ConceptArt.org forum. It attracts some very gifted artists from all over the world.

It can be a little intimidating to post your work there, but I began to see thread after thread where artists had asked for critiques and worked hard at the ideas they were given...and over a period of months and/or years you can slowly begin to see VAST improvements in their work.

Other times someone will post for a long time...and then all of a sudden they rapidly improve...often making huge leaps in their abilities.

The section most people begin posting in is called the Sketchbook forum. The idea is that you post what you're working on...and that can vary from very rough sketches to completed projects.

With all that in mind I began my own ConceptArt.org sketchbook and have aleady begun to get some good feedback and advice.

One thing I heard over and over right away was that colors in my digital images are sometimes too saturated. One person even called them "violent". : )

So I took most suggestions to heart and created the following digital painting from a "real world" sketchbook drawing I did last summer.

Here's my original sketch (click to enlarge):



And now my digital painting of it (click to enlarge):


I'd love to get feedback here too...so let me know what you think!

----------------------------

Created using Sketchbook Pro and my trusty Wacom Intuos tablet.

----------------------------

Images: Copyright 2010, Jeff Curtis, All Rights Reserved

Please visit my site for more examples of my art:

JeffCurtisArt

---------------------------

NEW in 2012:  Buy a poster, greeting card, or high quality print (with options to have it beautifully framed and matted) of digital artwork and photography by Jephyr on Fine Art America.


Sell Art Online




No comments:

Post a Comment