Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Monday, May 1, 2017

New Digital Painting: Alvin The Barbarian!

Hi!

A few years ago I used to be very active on the Concept Art Forum - mostly in their "Sketchbook" section.

CA allows artists to create an individual "threads" that feature their artwork - and as the name of this section implies - the art that people post are things that they are working on - sketches or paintings in a rough format - although you do see a lot of finished pieces there too.

My old CA Sketchbook had grown to some 12 or 13 pages and over a few years I'd shared maybe 100 images or more of mine - had developed some friendships - and had received a lot of encouraging feedback and advice from other artists.

Then for various reasons I completely stopped posting anything on CA - although I would look in on the forum from time to time.

One day I went looking for my "sketchbook" and when I found it was sad to see that almost all of the images I had shared were no longer there.

At first I figured I that meant I'd just be done with that CA - but about three weeks ago I suddenly decided to create a brand new sketchbook thread, and have posted my artwork several times since then.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/327483-My-Shiney-New-Sketchbook

The forum used to be very busy but it looks like things have slowed way down and so I've only gotten one reply - but CA's statistics show me that the first image I posted has already been viewed 578 times.

So I'm happy to have another place to share my art and already am finding it inspiring.

With all that in mind I'll share my latest digital painting based on a copyright free photo I'd found of a squirrel and created specifically to share first on CA.

"Alvin The Barbarian" - Copyright 2017 - Jephyr! - All Rights Reserved
"Alvin The Barbarian" - Copyright 2017 - Jephyr! - All Rights Reserved

If you've followed me at all you know I'm very influenced by the late Frank Frazetta - so as I worked on painting somewhat of a straight likeness of the squirrel it slowly morphed into an 'ommage of Frank's style - with a healthy dash of my own tilted sense of humor.

Anyway I'll post the original photo, my digital painting of the squirrel up to the post I got bored and started adding some fantasy elements as well.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my latest efforts.

: )

A Look At The Original Photo Reference I Used For My New Painting
A Look At The Original Photo Reference I Used For My New Painting


My Initial Digital Painting Of The Squirrel BEFORE I started Adding Some Fantasy Elements To It
My Initial Digital Painting Of The Squirrel BEFORE I started Adding Some Fantasy Elements To It

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks as always for stopping by!

See you again soon!

-----------------------

See other Jephyr! digital paintings—as well as links to other artwork at jephyr.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment