Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Saturday, December 6, 2014

Today I was Threatened While Taking Photos.....

* Click on any of these images to see them in a larger view

Reservation Skies - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved
Reservation Skies - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved


From a house across the field, I heard a raspy voiced, drunk sounding man yell at me, "Stop Taking Pictures!"   And then seconds later, "I've got a gun!"

Within moments a police car pulled up and parked behind me .................

So ended Jephyr's photography adventure today!

-------------

Please allow me to back up a bit and explain.

Over this weekend, I rented several telephoto lenses with the intention of testing them.

Unfortunately today was overcast near my home...but way off to the west I saw a bit of blue sky so I jumped in my Lamborghini Huracán... errr... my jalopy... and raced across Phoenix trying to overtake the setting sun.

It seemed I would never catch it... but eventually I began to find more and more open sky and softer clouds over-head.

"Sky Father" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved
"Sky Father" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved


I soon found myself barreling along farmland and open country with ramshackle homes dotted here and there.

Finally, on a desolate little road I saw a turnout by a field and thought it might be a good place to stop and take sum p'ichures.

I was rewarded with a magnificent sunset...and was filling up my new flash-card with lotza photos.

After some time, just as the sunset was reaching its fiery pinnacle, I heard the throaty, slurred voice shouting the ominous words I quoted above.

"War Paint" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved
"War Paint" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved


It didn't take me long to decide it was time to make a hasty retreat from the vicinity, and so I began quickly loading up my car.

As I was putting the last of my gear away I noticed the police car pulling in behind me. 

The officer got out and came towards me and told me I was on "Reservation Land"...and that although I was on a Public thoroughfare... if I was not a tribal member I was not allowed to stop along the road and could be cited for trespassing.

Then he said, "I don't want to sound racist, but they hate white people around here...and it gets very dangerous after dark."

I told him that I had no idea I was on Reservation Land and was about to leave...and without going into any detail... said I'd already been threatened.

He didn't seem surprised and then told me I was free to go... so I thanked him and we said our goodbyes... and I jumped in my Maserati Quattroporte... errr... I mean cruiser... and made a fast exit from the area! 

: )


"Ancient War Drums" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved
"Ancient War Drums" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved


Sadly the sky was really on fire right as I was leaving... but over-all I did manage to get a few good pics I'm sharing here.

Hope you enjoyed them......

Thanks for stopping by!


"Desolate Road" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved
A look at my stopping place:
"Desolate Road" - Copyright 2014, Jephyr - All Rights Reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment