Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Jephyr's Latest Pencil Sketches

Hi!

I used to go out to coffee houses and restaurants all the time and get out my sketchbook and pencils...and DRAW MAN, DRAW!!

It was a lot of fun...and as as I've written about before...it was a great "door-opener" to conversations and encounters with people who ventured over to see what I was working on.


I haven't done that at all recently...in part, because I'm trying to save money...but I really miss it.

And as importantly...it kept me sketching ALL the time...at certain times through the years...I was out draw'ring almost every day...and I think it was really helping my creativity and drafting skills!

So...I REALLY need to find places I can go hang out in now...to sketch...without having to spend any of the green stuff!!


: p

I plan to start digitally painting a lot more of my sketches too.

Man!  So much to do...so little time!!!  : /


: )


Anywhoodle...I'll post some sketches today...that I've been meaning to upload for a while.


"Who Did This" - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr! - All Rights Reserved
"Who Did This" - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr!


^^^   I don't know exactly why...but I've got a thing for Rhinoceroses.

Last year I went to the Phoenix zoo with a friend...and later found myself standing alone at the Rhino enclosure at the zoo...literally only a few feet away from one of the HUGE creatures.

I told her how beautiful she was...and although I can't be positive...I think she enjoyed my presence (even though she hasn't written back yet).


"Like...Man...." - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr! - All Rights Reserved
"Like...Man...." - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr!

^^^   I forget what this sketch started out as...but I struggled and struggled to create something I liked.

One afternoon I erased everything on the page...and the old hippie guy above finally made an appearance!

: )


"Joy To The World" - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr! - All Rights Reserved
"Joy To The World" - Copyright 2016 - Jephyr!

Our little elf friend above began life as a scribble sketch...which is the way MANY of my sketches begin.

As I've mentioned before...I scribble on the page...and erase and scribble a bit more...until I see shapes that "lead" me into creating my characters. 


One day, I scribbled a bit and at last saw this guys sad mouth and chin...and then that big ol' nose and his forelorn eyes above it.

But as I scribbled...I also saw the circles around his neck.

What were they...I wondered?  (Yup...I actually did)

I figured I could always erase them as I worked...but still they remained...determined to become part of the final image.

As I finished that sour little face...I added the cap...and had my "a-ha" moment.

He was a sad, overworked, little Christmas elf. (already hard at work LONG before Christmas!!!)

And so the circles became Christmas ball decorations...and all was well with the world!

hahahaha

------------------------------------------

Well,,,that's it for now.

Thanks as always for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment