Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Sunday, June 17, 2012

Arizona's Salt River: Lotza Buzzards!



Hi,

Yesterday I drove up the Bush Highway in the east end of the Phoenix Valley.  I was planning to take some photos at various locations along the way.

It had been a while since I'd been up there....and was sad to find that you now must have a permit in almost EVERY place there is to park.

In addition, there are now very few places the "powers that be" allow you to just pull off the road.

There are signs everywhere saying no parking and going on about fines and permits and violations.

SHESH!!!

It is VERY sad to me.

Oh well...times change I guess.

-----------------

Dust Storm:


I did manage to stop at the Great Western Trail Head of the Tonto National Forrest...and video tape a huge dust storm that blew in.

I may post that sometime...but because I was right down in it...the video just looks like a brown cloud for a lot of it!  : )

------------------

Lotza Vultures - Oh My:


Later, as I drove back down into the Valley and passed through the "Lower Salt" I saw at least a dozen or more vultures flying in the sky.

I pulled over and snapped as many images as I could and will post some of the better ones here.
































Taking these images did drive home the FACT that I need a longer lens.

Although as you can see after a while they started to drift further and further away...initially they were right over my head and fairly close to the ground.

I had my normally amazing Cannon 24-105 mm zoomed in all the way...but in the original photos the buzzards look like they are miles away.  So I had to "crop in" on all of these...and they are not as "clear and focussed" as I would've liked.

DADDY needs a new lens!!

---------------

All in all, though, it was a great day!

Thanks for stopping by!

----------------

Please visit Jephyr.com to see more of my art-work and photography.


1 comment:

  1. You're welcome...I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! : )

    ReplyDelete