Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jephyr's Blender Frenzy: "Fuzzy Stuffed Bear" Tutorial

Hello,

Lost In A 3D Trance??

Back in 2005, when I was taking Maya 3D classes at MCC I remember spending days and weeks hunched over my computer...modeling and animating for hours on end.

One cool December day I remember "coming back to my senses" after I'd been working non-stop since the early afternoon.  

When I finally decided to take a break I discovered that the sun had gone down hours earlier...and by the time I finally looked up...the house was freezing cold and pitch dark except for the light from my computer screen.

Only then did I realize that I'd been sitting barefoot on a hard floor...and my feet felt like they were blocks of ice!!

: P

I'd been completely lost in what I was doing for hours!

--------------------

I'm feeling that same rush now as I'm learning Blender 3D. 

(Please see my posts and Blender images from 4-15-14 and 4-21-14)

--------------------

Tackling Another Blender Tutorial

Tonight I decided to tackle another tutorial video from tutor4u's YouTube channel...on how to model and render a cute little, "fuzzy stuffed bear".

This tutorial was a much bigger challenge than the other two because its 3D modeling was MUCH more involved...and it covered the use of particle emissions to simulate hair.

I was tired and almost gave up about a third of the way in...but I saw comments by others who'd finished the tutorial...and  so I decided to persevere!

I'm really glad I did!

Anywho...here's a link to the tutorial video and a look at the image I created while watching it tonight:

http://youtu.be/LCghBIUZyuM


Blender "Stuffed Bear" Tutorial:  Jephyr 2014
Click this image to see a larger version of it.


Thanks as always for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment