Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Saturday, May 5, 2012

Super Moon: The Bightest Moon Of The Year



Me again!  How ya doin'?

Over the last coupla days Phoenix news was reporting that tonight at 8:35 pm we'd see the brightest and largest moon as it passed by closest to the earth this year.

I thought it might be cool to check it out...but like most things in my busy life that thought had been long forgotten.

For some reason I looked at the clock about 8:25 or so...and it popped into my head.

So I grabbed my Cannon Mark EOS 5D II...and hoofed outside for a look.  It was indeed bright and large even though it was competing with a little haze in the air and some clouds.

Here's a look at one of the pics I took right at 8:35 pm.



Coincidentally and for comparison, I'd snapped a pic of a bright moon back on Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:50 pm.



--------------------------


Thanks as always for for stopping by!

--------------------------

Be a good egg and stop by my web-site...won't cha:  Jephyr.com

: )



No comments:

Post a Comment