Copyright Notice


All images, photos, and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.





Monday, May 14, 2012

Jephyr Art: A Jester - My latest digital illustration


Hi,

Thanks for dropping by.

Here's a look at a Jester I just finished digitally painting in Adobe Photoshop using a Wacom Intuos Tablet.






































Update:  You can now purchase a high quality poster, greeting card or framed or unframed print of this image:

 http://jephyr-curtis.artistwebsites.com/featured/jester-jephyr-art.html


---------------------

And the story behind the pic:   


I've wanted to illustrate a poem for quite a while.  Toward the end of 2011, I decided to take a crack at creating one of the characters for it...the Jester. 

I drew several Jesters in my sketchbook just using my imagination.
































[      BTW...I apologize for the written "rant" on that page ^ ^ ^

Later when I got to the car I realized I had developed a bad migraine headache that I'm sure contributed to my irritated mood.
And as if to underscore feeling sheepish about it...as I was gathering my things up the father of the children said:  "I'm sorry about the noise.  We've seen you sketching and have tried to keep the kids quiet."
* sigh *  So maybe I'm not perfect after-all!  ; )    ]

---------------------

Later did a few sketch studies of some illustrations and photos of various Jesters I'd found on-line on-line.

---------------------

Then one afternoon I sketched a Jester I kinda liked...and then took it to the next step and decided to digitally paint it.


At that time, I got a lot of the color and background blocked in but then like a lot of things in my life it was relegated to the unfinished file.

Recently I decided at long last to put some polish on him and move him to the "it's finally done" file.

: )

Here's a look at some of the steps I took along the way...from the original sketch to the final painting you saw above:






































---------------------

I'm in the final stages of putting together an 8 minute "time-lapse" video of the painting process  for the Jester and will post that as soon as it's done.

Edit:  It's finished!  Please go to my May 18, 2012 post to see it

---------------------

Thanks again for stopping by.

Visit Jephyr.com from more of my artwork including oil and acrylic paintings, charcoal drawings, photography, videos and animations, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment